Answers to your questions.
How do I get started?
Where are Serendipity Albums made?
Right here in Sugar Land, TX, just outside of Houston, TX. Our albums are handcrafted with the highest standards of quality and workmanship using the best materials available around the world.
What is the maximum number of spreads?
The maximum number of spreads is 40 for leather and fabric albums; 50 for leatherette. The the pages are around 1.5 mm thick for leather and fabric albums; 1 mm thick for leatherette. To maintain the quality of the album, the thinner substrate will be used for leather and fabric albums that have more than 30 spreads.
Are Serendipity Albums guaranteed?
Yes, every Serendipity Album is backed by a limited lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if there is ever an issue with the materials or workmanship. We will do everything we can to make it right.
What is the turnaround time?
Our average album production takes 15 business days; albums with fine art linen prints will take slightly longer. Please allow a few additional days during busy seasons. Custom image folio boxes and matted folios will be shipped within 7-10 business days.
Can you drop ship to my clients?
Yes, just make sure to enter the ship to address option during checkout. Invoices are never included in the package.
Do I get discounts on studio samples?
Absolutely! Sample albums are 35% off; sample image folio boxes are 15% off. Simply select “Studio Sample” option when filling out the order form. You can order as many as you need. Sample albums will have a “Studio Sample” stamp on the bottom of the inside back cover; sample image folio boxes will have a “Studio Sample” stamp on the bottom of the inside front cover.
Can I do custom debossing?
Yes! You have the option of making a custom die for cover debossing. You can also have a studio die made and all your future album orders get a studio logo stamped free of charge!
What payment options do your offer?
Visa, MasterCard, AmEx and Discover.
How should my monitor be calibrated?
We recommend using a monitor calibration device such as i1Display Pro, ColorMunki Display, or Datacolor Spyder. As long as your monitors are calibrated correctly, our prints will be very close to what you saw on your monitors.
How do I get paper samples?
It can be ordered by clicking on “Extras” under “Order” link, or just click HERE.
How should I prepare files for album printing?
– Level 10 JPEG files at 300dpi. For example: a 10X10 album spread would be 20X10 inches at 6000X3000 pixels.
– Use standard working color space: sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998.
– If you have a cover image, name the file starting with the word “cover” so that it is easily distinguishable from the design files.
– Design files will be printed and bind in alphanumeric order. Files should be named in sequence. Example: MyAlbum_01, MyAlbum_02, MyAlbum_03…
What are your design and trim guidelines?
All prints will be trimmed about 1/4″ on all edges. Remember to keep important elements away from this area. Allow at least 1/2” from the edge of the page for designs that don’t bleed to the edge.
Any terms and conditions I should be aware of?
– Please check your design files (for resolution, color, quality, spelling errors, naming sequence, and etc.) before submitting your order as Serendipity Albums is not responsible for any design mistakes. If for any reason you need to make a change to your order, please contact us as soon as possible. As long as we have not begin the production we will be happy to accommodate your request(s).
– Albums and folios cannot be returned. If any products need to be replaced or repaired due to manufacturing defect, we recommend that you send the request along with a few photos to indicate the issues. Once approved, a return authorization number will be assigned. Further instructions and a return shipping label will be provided.
– Album presentation boxes cannot be returned 14 days after delivery. Serendipity Albums is not responsible for return shipping charges on the boxes.